Gay-Nerds.com’s Top 10 LGBT Video Game Characters list is finally over. The GN staff scoured video game history, searching for characters who best represent the LGBT community in all of its forms, break conventions, and […]
1. Bioware, the entire company – Uhhhhh, Canada? Yes, Bioware won our illustrious #1 choice as the best overall LGBT video game character. Someone reading this right now feels a little butthurt about Gay-Nerds “dodging […]
3. Jimmy Hopkins – Bully, also known as Canis Canem Edit At some point, we were all snot nosed, street rat children, running around thinking we knew everything about everything and talking about how gross […]
4. Venom – Guilty Gear X Surprise! Expecting another character from Guilty Gear, maybe one in a nun habit? While Bridget may be the go-to-guy when it comes to LGBT representation in fighting games, a […]
5. Birdo – Super Mario Bros. 2 Everyone has that annoying friend that likes to try to show how smart he/she is and how “hardcore” of a gamer they are by pointing out that Super […]
10. Vamp – Metal Gear Solid Series LGBT characters rarely get the chance to be badass. Stereotypical representation often relegates them to sidekick or useless party member roles more suited for running away from action […]
I honestly had no idea that Arcade was gay until I read more about his character. It’s not that there weren’t hints or that Obsidian were afraid of exposing him as sexual; it’s just that Arcade was simply a guy who happened to like guys. Unlike some other role playing games with gay characters, Arcade’s raison d’etre wasn’t his gayness. He has a very intricate backstory and personality produced a very ethical and likable man who could serve you very well if you decide to interact with him, and who could also stand his own ground if you act against him.
9. Oerba Yun Fang and Oerba Dia Vanille – Final Fantasy 13 Final Fantasy 13 made necessary changes to tired JRPG conventions, using a freely flowing battle system and proving that engrossing RPGs can still […]