“Furry fandom (also known as furrydom, fur fandom or furdom) refers to the fandom for fictional anthropomorphic animal characters with human personalities and characteristics. Examples of anthropomorphic attributes include exhibiting human intelligence and facial expressions, the ability to speak, walk on two legs, and wear clothes. Furry fandom is also used to refer to the community of artists, writers, role players and general fans of the furry art forms who gather on the Internet and at conventions.”
How do you perceive Furries, one of the more outspoken/prevalently mocked kinks/subcultures out there?
- Serious post tho. Am I right when I judge people for being Furries or am I being an ignorant douchebag like usual? Has our society come to terms with this type of behavior?Word, Im curious son!
- I think it’s gross but I treat it as any kink really. What annoys me is when the shove it in your face.
- From what I know…I don’t think it’s gross…just ridiculous. I don’t see it any differently than I do other hardcore fetish communities. As a novelty, why not try it? But being so adamant about being a tiger as opposed to a wolf, otter, or whatever, and obsessing over things as much as the community tends to do–to the point that it seems like they can’t climax without it–is just sad.
- Just like any other fetish, it’s completely up to the individual so long as it doesn’t harm you or the person you’re with.I probably wouldn’t enjoy watching it but to each his own, I guess.
- I would like to fuck someone wearing a Grimace or Snuffaluffagus suit, though.
- I judge them because they want to be judged. they’re treating themselves like a subculture minority.their shades of animal fur flag and paw print symbols and the insistence that they are being persecuted (read fursecuted). It trivializes the struggles homosexuals go through already. The public is starting to associate furries with gay which isn’t going to make things any easier for us.It irritates me when they act it like they’re being discriminated against. It’s a god damn fetish not an orientation.with that said i think its hilarious and i should be allowed to laugh at it.
- I really don’t have any feeling towards furries either way. I mean, I don’t get it, but then again I’ve never bothered to try. From what little I do know, the whole thing seems kinda childish to me — but hey, whatever works for you. That being said, I do agree with Beximus in that I hate that fursecution (ugh) to is ever compared to homophobia.
- I am with Bex on this one, why shouldn’t I not be allowed to make fun of all things hilarious!Also I’ve never heard of furries being associated with gays. That’s an eye opener. If they treat it as an orientation why not call it beastiality?
- I wouldn’t have a problem with furries if a) they didn’t victimize themselves and b) they stopped comparing their “struggles” to those of homosexuals. I don’t care if your family doesn’t like you because you decide to wear animal costumes when you fuck. I do care if your family doesn’t like you because you happen to be gay. They’re not the same and comparing them doesn’t make me sympathetic, it makes me angry.
- I first learnt of furries from CSI, I was disturbed. Then I saw some of their artwork and was disgusted.I like to mockingly refer to them as “transspecies” in reference to that South Park episode where Gerald Browflovski became a dolphin via plastic surgery.
- Fur-dom is the pursuit of personality attributes.Like Bex suggested, it is a sub-culture. Most furs I have encountered joined the movement not because they truly thought they were a badger, but because they wanted to join a community.I do go “lol, I’m a cat”, which is certainly an act of addition (read Kundera, you knaves), but without the sexual context because I am secure in that sense. The gays that do become furs (thus the association some people make) often do so for the same reason that young gays often gravitate to yaoi. It is a safe way to practice asserting sexuality while still being uncomfortable with your body/possibly gender, I guess.
- I wonder what the animals think about all this.
Join the debate!: http://gay-nerds.com/forums/index.php/topic,71.0.html