Sony has started a new monthly feature on blog.us.playstation.com where they’ll be revealing the top selling PSN games for each month. (They make specific mention that it’s top selling, which does not count the free downloads of Playstation Plus members.) If curiousity has the better of you, save time and see below for September 2011’s top 20 sellers.
20. Battlefield 1943
19. Castle Crashers
18. Call of Duty Classic
17. Renegade Ops
16. Saints Row 2
15. Breath of Fire IV
14. Elemental Monster Online Card Game
13. Burnout Crash!
12. Parasite Eve II
11. Resident Evil Director’s Cut
10. Final Fantasy VII (Really? Some people still haven’t played this?)
8. Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition
7. Castlevania: Harmony of Despair
6. Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
5. Resident Evil 2
4. Angry Birds
3. From Dust
2. Resident Evil 4 (No surpise here.)
1. Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection
It’s an interesting monthly feature, definitely, but also an oddly transparent move. Microsoft and Nintendo offer no equivalent listing of what people are actually downloading from their services each month other than to sometimes say “Hey guys! People really like Braid!” or something similar. Perhaps it’s part of a carefully orchestrated plan, along with their new ad campaign, to do everything they can to win back fans after The Hacking That Shall Not Be Named? Probably. But at least now we have a monthly notice of what PSN games we’ve been foolishly missing out on.